Bar Manager Required – Tap East
‘A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Passionate and highly motivated Bar Manager with minimum 2 years’ experience managing pubs and bars, this is a great opportunity for the right person to join and already established team, and take the business to new heights, at our Brew Pub in Westfield Stratford.
The Bar Manager will be responsible for the financial success and smooth operation of the business, you will be responsible for the development of Tap East’s business. The hours will be usually at least 40 hours a week however this can increase due to promotions, holidays and busy periods. You will be expected to plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency. You will need to be self-motivated, energetic, have good leadership skills, with a strong vision for the business and hold a personal licence to sell alcohol.
The Bar Manager will be responsible for all operational and commercial aspect of running Tap East. They will need to work jointly with the Head Brewer and will be jointly responsible for future developments of Tap East’s business. You will be expected to plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency. You will need to be self-motivated and energetic with a strong vision for the business and good leadership skills The hours are usually at least 40 hours a week however this can increase due to promotions, holidays and busy periods.
- Organising and planning
- Resource allocation and management
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set objectives and targets for both food and drinks sales in conjunction with the Directors.
- Woking with Head Brewer to ensure the beers from the brewery are always available and well presented
- Monitor and order all supplies and liaise with suppliers and sales representatives confirming that procurement of supplies is on the best possible terms.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is correct, and that all stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage
- Manage day to day financial process. Including ensuring accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete. Set, monitor and control budget for the bar plan and implement cost control measures. Plan and implement systems to maximise sales and revenue. Generate and present financial reports
- Delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximise resources ensuring that tasks are completed.
- Determine staff needs and recruit staff keeping the Hr department informed of new employees. Manage staff performance assessing development needs. Organise and adjust staff rotas and schedules in accordance with available resources and labour regulations. Maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and discussions
- Communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives ensure staff operate within company policies. Promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Resolve customer complaints promptly with 24 hours.
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar and food preparation area oversee the bar display to maximise functionality and attractiveness.
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol, and licensing
Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation.
- Must have a personal licence to sell alcohol
- Complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of cost control procedures
- Knowledge of human resource management practices
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Social Media planning to ensure that social media is used to its best effect. I.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Website or any other social media facility.
- Visual Marketing for events and promotions.
- Assist with other company related events
Developing yourself and others
- Be motivated to learn and develop self
- Seek feedback and invest time in personal development
- Supervise, train and develop others
- Support, encourage and motivate others
- Coach, guide and give feedback to others
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Be able to prioritise duties
- Be honest and reliable
- Be trustworthy and respectful
- Be immaculately dressed
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
Salary £25K plus, with bonus scheme.
if you have what it takes to be a dynamic leader with great organisational and communication skills then send in your CV with a covering letter to;
Hr and Compliance Consultant.
Closing date; 25th June 2017